- Enjoy the Cosplayers -I have attended several comic conventions and though the Sacramento convention is smaller than say, San Diego's event – the level of effort and the quality of the costumes was really impressive last year. I'd expect more of the same and remember to be polite when taking photos.
- Good deal! The event is a good entertainment deal for parents of young kids – with an paid adult admission, you can bring up to 2 children under 10. That's not too bad and the kids really get a kick out of all the toys, games, and the awesome costumes. Go here to purchase from their site With four children of my own in this age range, the price is enticing for sure. Prices vary by day and/or you could buy a 3 day pass.
- Visit with The Winter Soldier – Sebastian Stan VIP Experience http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/sacramento/sebastianstan.html – ok, so this it not necessarily the bargain mentioned in #2 above, but this would be pretty cool. For $259.99 you get a list of various things including a 3 day VIP pass, a photo op with Mr. Stan, an autograph, an 8×10 photo, and a few other things – check the page for more.
- Photo Ops – you can purchase photo ops for several of the celebs attending the event – see image.
- Buy some cool stuff – Cosplay supplies, ninja swords, custom/commission art, various toys and of course comics should abound in the convention center. Get your geek on and go spend of that hard earned money. It's Father's day weekend, you deserve it (this is what I'm telling myself).
- Visit Panels and attend some free events. Check this page for more http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/sacramento/programming-sacramento.html
Wizard Word – Sacramento – June 17 – 19
For our readers in the Northern California area – if you're looking for a fun family event this weekend check out the Wizard World Comic Con in Sacramento. The event runs from Friday June 17 through Sunday June 19, 2016. Information is ALL OVER the Wizard World site – www.wizardworld.com
Why go? Here's my top 6+ things in no particular order –
One example from the list :Saturday 7:00 – 9:00 features the WIZARD WORLD COSTUME CONTEST SPONSORED BY BANDAI NAMCO in the ballroom
This was a fun event last year and features some amazing costumes. Clearly i just can't get enough. What looks even more fun is the CREATOR PRO AM: DRINK & DRAW on Friday night – artists and writers get to compete for an hour on scenarios described at the event. Winners get “amazing prizes”
If you're in the Sacramento / Northern California area, check out the convention for 1, 2 or all 3 of the days.
Please share any photos or stories with us and the folks at Wizard World. (@wizardworld)