Who is a Leader?
A leader is any individual who carefully communicates with, influences and inspires his or her followers to accomplish organizational goals. A leader does specific actions, shapes decisions and sets his or her mind for the common good of the company. You cannot make a good leader if you are self-centered.
Great leadership is the key to successful businesses. Here are reasons why leadership is important for a business:
1. There are different types of leaders who all are vital in shaping the company’s culture. Collaborative leaders work with followers to come up with ideas. Facilitative leaders assign tasks to followers. Other leaders formulate ideas and commands and dictate to followers. All these styles grow the business in one way or another.
2. Great leadership inspires, influences and motivates team members to continue participating in the business activities. Poor leadership will in turn lead to a series of resignation letters being dropped at the employer’s office.
3. Leadership is what makes all the other elements in a business work together. A leader mobilizes all the other factors of production to achieve results.
4. Dedicated business leaders are well versed with their subordinates’ needs and issues. They know how well to maximize on potentials and improve their weak points. Knowing each subordinate at a personal level helps to understand them more and avoid organizational conflicts.
5. An organization without a leader is as good as a ship without a captain. Every organization needs a lead to follow: someone who can sail the rest of the staff and activities in a certain direction. Skilled and experienced leaders provide guidance to the rest.
6. Leadership is important for a business because of its functionality. A leader is charged with supervisory duty. He or she must see to it that all tasks are completed on regular basis and that they are well done. A leader also ensures that his or her team is well trained and protects his or her subordinates. Who else will do all these in absence of a leader?
7. Professional leadership is efficient in company management. A good employer should enroll a few of his or her employees into leadership classes such as Masters in Organizational Leadership online to upgrade their education. This will help the business be more productive.
Leadership is all about participating in an activity that you enjoy. Leaders or leadership roles may sometimes be changed to suit specific tasks and situations. But the trait often retains the same qualities of communication and respect. Never underestimate the power of communication. A leader’s actions and words is what will influence, inspire or motivate the rest of the team members.
To become a savvy, excellent, efficient and admirable leader, enroll for a Masters in Organizational Leadership online degree or any other course that is related to business intelligence. This will enable you influence the company employees in a positive way and increase their productivity.[divider] [/divider]
Dee enjoys freelance writing/blogging in her spare time and also does some ghost writing as well.
Image | Source