Has your kid ever experience hiccups? Yes! Hiccups are caused due to repetitive diaphragmatic spams and children sometimes feel embarrassed due to frequent hiccups. Hiccups may last for a few minutes to hours. Now you may be searching for home remedies to treat your child’s hiccups. Well! Naturally, hiccups go away for a few individuals, but for a few of them it stays there for a longer period. So, if you are one among many who is searching for quick tips to fix hiccups, then here are a few natural remedies to make it go away. Read the article and find out what those home remedies are:
Safe home remedies to treat hiccups:
The hiccup occurs when there is a sudden contraction of the diaphragm and intercostal muscles located between the ribs. Here, we have compiled a few tips which help to get rid of hiccups in children and those are listed below:
- Inhale and exhale relaxation technique work better to stop hiccups in children. Increasing the levels of carbon-di-oxide helps to relax the diaphragm hence repeating the deep breathing technique for 5 to 10 seconds helps to relax the body.
- Here is an Ayurvedic remedy to treat hiccups in children. Mix honey and castor oil and lick your fingers mixed in this solution for two or three times a day. This preparation helps to reduce hiccups in children. Order honey from a trusted brand at any online pharmacy store in India and avail amazing discounts on every healthcare products and medicines you choose.
- Green olives are one of the best remedies to stop hiccups in children. Eating one green olive can fix your solution. So, the next time your children have hiccups then never forget to give him a small green olive. If you don’t have the stock of olives, then shop it from the supermarket when you visit next time.
- Holding the knees tight to your chest can stop the hiccups naturally. So, the next time when your child is struggling with the hiccups, just make him do this exercise and get him or her relieved of the symptoms.
- Drinking a glass of water can help to get rid of the hiccups naturally. This technique is one of the age-old techniques followed by many to stop hiccups naturally.
- Putting a spoon of sugar at the back of the mouth helps to get rid of hiccups in children.
- Make your child put the fingers inside the ears and gently ask them to wiggle it. This wiggling action helps to stop hiccups naturally.
- Sipping on cold water helps to soothe irritated diaphragm and this technique helps to relieve the hiccup symptoms very smoothly.
What are the causes of hiccups in children?
Below we have mentioned a few causes of hiccups in children and it includes:
- Consuming large meals frequently
- Drinking carbonated beverages
- Sudden changes in the body or environmental temperature
- Swallowing too much air
When to visit the doctor?
When the hiccups don’t go away in children, even after 48 hours of getting it and if it interferes with your sleep-wake cycle, breathing, or eating habits then visiting the doctor is a must. Your doctor will check the cause for the persistent hiccups and may suggest you kid with the medicines if required to relieve the symptoms. If medications are prescribed, order them from a trusted online medicine store and get them delivered at your doorstep.