In the wake of pandemic COVID-19, we all are forced to stay indoors. Like my family and me; you and your family are bound to spend their days and nights indoors. While you are taking every precaution and preventive measures to safeguard yourself and your family from the deadly virus; you have gone oblivious to the fact that indoors is as polluted as the outdoors.
By staying captive within the four walls of your home, and not stepping out for months; you may be thinking that you have won the battle against the toxic atmosphere, pollution, and other harmful substances. But, to your dismay, you are wrong.
The modern furnishings, carpets, synthetic building materials, and paints contain more chemicals than expected. And, do not forget the confined spaces we are living in. The block of airflow results in the buildup of air pollutants inside the home; thus resulting in asthma, sick building syndrome and other respiratory problems.
What to do? Well, nature is healing! Nature has solutions for every problem, and for this one too. Bring indoors, air-purifying plants.The study of NASA reveals that indoor air-purifying plants have the ability to absorb the chemicals, pollutants, and toxic substances from the air, especially in enclosed spaces lacking proper ventilation. Moreover, these plants are therapeutic.
Here’s how air-purifying plants will keep you and your family healthy.
- Increase Productivity: Many of us, including you and your family are working from home day and night due to the outbreak of pandemic. And, you would agree that working indoors means a lot of distraction–family, laziness, household chores, and whatnot. So, it’s more than ever necessary to stay focused and productive. By embracing plants indoors, you can reap the benefits of increased productivity because they reduce fatigue and stress, and enhance memory and concentration.
- Breathe Fresh Air: To put a brave fight against the viruses, it’s essential that you keep yourself healthy inside-out. While you must be eating wholesome food and exercising daily, if you are not breathing fresh air, you are vulnerable to diseases. Peace Lily, English Ivy, Snake Plant, Spider Plant, Rubber Plant, Devil’s Ivy, and many more are air-purifying plants allow you to breathe oxygenated air. Inhaling fresh air keeps your respiratory system and internal organs healthy.
- Rise in Humidity Level: Cold, Sore Throat, and Dry Cough are the symptoms of CoronaVirus. These health issues are common, and most of us are inflicted with these regularly. Your family is no different. Nurturing and nourishing air-purifying plants is one way to heal these health abnormalities naturally. Plants increase the humidity of a room; thus contributing towards less respiratory problems, reducing the onset of dry skin, and other health issues.
In addition to these, there are other benefits of keeping air-purifying plants indoors, such as:
- Reduced feelings of anger, sadness, and boredom
- Reduction of Sound levels
- Cooling Effect
- Faster Recovery from Mental Tiredness
- Spacious and Beautiful Homes
You know that air-purifying plants and indoor green beauties are your health savior as well as beautifies your home. What’s with the wait? Bring them indoors now!