Sleep can be a real challenge for many people. 35% of adults have been shown to not sleep the recommended the seven hours. 30% of adults have some form of insomnia. There are five main types of insomnia: acute, chronic, comorbid, onset and maintenance.
- Acute is an isolated instance of insomnia.
- Chronic is insomnia many times in a given amount of time (at least three times a week for three months).
- Comorbid is insomnia linked to other mental or physical disorders.
- Onset is insomnia at the beginning of the night.
- Maintenance is the inability to remain sleeping.
The main causes for insomnia are: stress, bad sleeping schedule, diagnosed mental disorders, travel or work schedules or diet.
If insomnia such a problem, how can we find a way to prevent it from happening? Find out more about sleep hypnosis and how it can help you to get a better night’s sleep from this infographic.