Dealing with a slip and fall injury can be a real challenge. The degree of your difficulty in being able to recover will depend on how badly your fall may have been. Millions of people suffer from falling injury annually, and a significant portion of these individuals are over the age of 65. It is frequently necessary to file a legal action against the property owner if you feel this person was at fault. However, it’s ideal to rely on the expertise of a Jackson personal injury lawyer to assist you.
Question #1: Is the property owner at fault?
Before going to the time and effort of filing a lawsuit against the proprietor of the building, you should consider a few things. Listed below are some of the common reasons this individual may be to blame for your injury:
- There was a hole in the floor that caused you to fall and wasn’t repaired by the owner.
- The area where you fell was wet, and there wasn’t a sign up that provide you with sufficient warning of this.
- There were items left on the floor that should have been removed and these caused you to fall.
Your Jackson personal injury lawyer is sure to advise you that that strength of your case will be based on proving the negligence of the person that owns the property.
Question #2: Could you be to blame for the fall?
As much as you may not like to admit it, you should consider if you may have been to blame for falling. If this is the case, you won’t be rewarded any compensation.
Listed below are some reasons you could be responsible for your fall:
- You were trespassing on the property.
- You were intoxicated, and this caused you to fall.
- You were taking medications that may have may you drowsy and contributed to your injury.
- You were acting irresponsibly or engaging in horse playing.
- You were engaging in illegal activity when your injury occurred, such as selling drugs.
Consult with your Jackson personal injury lawyer to ensure you aren’t to blame for the accident.
Other things that can strengthen your case are having witnesses that can testify on your behalf. Additionally, ask your attorney to request video footage that could prove your case. This will usually take the legal authority your attorney has to obtain.
Dealing with a slip and fall injury may require the assistance of legal expert. It’s ideal if you’re in this situation to consult with a Jackson, Mississippi personal injury attorney to provide you with legal advice.