Summer is a fantastic time to be outdoors, especially if you’re wanting to work on your tan. However, for many of us, there’s no better season than autumn. And why not? Autumn is the time of year that outdoor sportsmen all look forward to! The fishing this fall 2013 is certain to be as good of a season as any before, it’s just a matter of picking which lake to fish at. Luckily, we here at BluePromoCode know the skinny on which US lakes are popular this year.
Here are our top 10 most popular lakes for fishing this fall 2013.
1. Logan Martin Lake: About 30 miles to the east of Birmingham is Logan Martin Lake, an angler’s favorite for fishing all year round. The most popular fish at Logan Martin Lake: largemouth and spotted bass. If you plan on camping out while you’re fishing at Logan Martin Lake, look to Rock Creek to get the apparel and camping gear necessary to make the most of your fall fishing 2013!
2. Cayuga Lake: Reaching north from the New York City of Ithaca, Cayuga Lake is a popular fishing destination with trout, salmon, bass, panfish and more in it’s waters. This fall, try the landlocked fishing in Fall or Salmon Creek.
3. Lake Erie: This lake near the northern part of Pennsylvania and Ohio is a perennial favorite for fishermen especially in the midwest. Take the boat out onto Lake Erie for a great day of fishing this fall 2013.
4. Lake Guntersville: Our second most popular fishing lake in Alabama is Lake Guntersville in the northern part of the state. The lake stretches 75 miles and is home to a large variety of fish that all anglers can enjoy this fall including catfish!
5. Lake Okeechobee: The fishing is always great in the southern United States and this location is no exception. Found in the sunny state of Florida, Lake Okeechobee is just outside of the Florida Everglades and offers some of the best fishing in the state.
6. Lake St. Clair: Muskie are the most popular fish of choice in Michigan’s Lake St. Clair but walleye, perch, bass and more have also known to be reeled in here! Make sure you have the best fishing equipment possible by gearing up with Bass Pro Shops.
7. Lake Champlain: The northern region of New York is home to Lake Champlain, our 7th most popular fishing lake for fall 2013 fishing. This fall, try casting out for the lake’s salmon!
8. Lake Coeur d’Alene: This lake may sound like it’s in France but it’s actually just over in Idaho. Lake Coeur d’Alene is also one of the countries most popular places to fish and that definitely won’t change this fall 2013!
9. Rend Lake: In Southern Illinois, fishermen visit Rend Lake, one of the most popular lakes for fishing in 2013. Giant catfish and other record breaking catches are enough of a reason to pack up and head to Rend Lake for some fall fishing this year.
10. Squam Lake: New Hampshire might not be the first place you think of when it comes to lake fishing, but Squam Lake is as good a choice as any! Head to this northeast lake for trout, salmon, bass, perch and more this fall. Before you head there though, make sure you have all the equipment you’ll need for a successful 2013 fishing trip by visiting The Sportsman’s Guide!
By Allison Preston. Allison is an avid shopper and an experienced writer with a passion for deals and coupons and for saving her readers money. She currently writes for leading coupon and online promo code site bluepromocode.com based in Santa Monica, California.