Following hot on the heels of their recent announcement allowing for open registration, Pinterest released a much needed update to their suite of apps.
The main features for iOS are:
- An actual iPad interface (vs using the 2x button)
- Web browsing from within the application on the iPad
- Stackable view on the iPad- this allows for multiple virtual “windows” in the interface
- Landscape or Portrait viewing on the iPad
- iPhone version has a new view (2 columns of pins instead of 1)
- Faster app speed
Android users got some love as well – Pinterest’s announcement included the a Pinterest app for the Android platform. The “custom-designed Android app makes it simple and fast to pin, so that the time you spend on Pinterest is as productive as possible.” (Pinterest Blog post)
More from the Pinterest Blog about the iPad app-
iPad owners may have the best Pinterest experience yet. Our new iPad app is perfect for sitting on the couch, on a train, or in bed where users can effortlessly discover, save and organize the things that interest them. The app offers users new ways to engage with pins, whether swiping the screen to resume browsing after viewing a board, or using the embedded browser to see what others are pinning from their favorite sites.
The screen shots below show the old iPhone version on the iPad versus the new iPad version. Plus I’ve included some screen shots of the new iPhone version. Sorry, no Android screen shots yet.