Empire Avenue Enables “Vacation Mode”

Hallelujah – a social gamification, and interaction organization has finally recognized the importance of acknowledging when people actually need to be away from social media.

The folks at Empire Avenue have just announced the availability of Vacation Mode. Allowing you the ability to prevent your Empire Avenue share price to plummet, just because you’re relaxing on the beach enjoying a beer.

Now, this option ain’t free – and it ain’t cheap. Vacation Mode is available in 7, 14, 21, and 28 day timeframes. The 7 day vacation mode costs either 150,000 EAves (which is a lot), or $4.99 is real US currency. If you decide to take a traditional 2 week vacation, the price for that is 300,000 EAves or $9.99 is real US currency

Those of us that monitor our social capital applaud this and look to hopefully see something very similar from Klout, since social influence metrics and ranking have continually edged upwards in importance and relevance when dealing with both individuals and brands.

James Hickshttp://about.me/jameshicks
James is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of HicksNewMedia, a Digital Publishing and Technology Consulting team providing effective and relevant solutions to individuals and businesses looking to more effective utilize the social interweb. Follow him on Twitter and on Facebook.

More from author

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
susanborst
susanborst
8 years ago

@jameshicks Agree – also, I don’t want to “announce” when I’m away (and it’s too $$, no way paying real $$ either)

jameshicks
jameshicks
8 years ago

@susanborst amen sister !!

susanborst
susanborst
8 years ago

@jameshicks JF response to you was interesting…can’t wait to see what they have up their sleeves on this one!

learnit2earnit
learnit2earnit
8 years ago

Thanks James for sharing the information about EmpireAvenue’s vacation mode. I for one have always used a Virtual Assistant or temp agency when I go off to play on the sandy beaches! I also agree, why would I want to let everyone know I am gone for 3 weeks … its like broadcasting that on FB, LI or Twitter.

I think there should be a ‘quiet mode’ setting for these social platforms where it basically allows you to freeze your current standing. Some web guru out there I am sure could come up with some app that we could use.

With Google+ business platform coming on board soon, and all the other social sites you want to maintain, seems to me there should be a change coming around the corner with the ‘quiet mode’ or ‘downtime mode’ feature for us. Just an idea and my 2 cents!

jameshicks
8 years ago

@learnit2earnit I like your “quiet mode” term. Who I really want to see implement something like that is klout I’ve talked with their Founder/CEO joefernandez and I know their working on something soon.

learnit2earnit
learnit2earnit
8 years ago

@jameshickskloutjoefernandez Thanks James! I hope you will share what ever you learn or what could be coming down the pike for this idea. Have a wonderful day ahead!

carstory
8 years ago

I found lots of information here and I’m so grateful I found this. I want to learn more about gamification and I found it here in your site about it. I learn a lot of things and thanks so much for that!

susanborst
susanborst

jameshicks
jameshicks
8 years ago

@susanborst amen sister !!

susanborst