The updated app now includes Equifax Places, which enables users to use their GPS location to see credit and fraud averages by zip code, anywhere in the United States. Sounds interesting, I’m wondering the real use/need for this though. I guess if you were moving to a new area and wanted to know those figures it makes sense – I’d like to hear your comments on this functionality.
Coming in February, Equifax Mobile app users will be able to access their credit scores. Equifax monitoring product subscribers can also protect the power of their credit and identity on-the-go with real-time access to their credit file, including the ability to lock and unlock their Equifax Credit Report.
Equifax Mobile App Key Features:
- Equifax Places
- Equifax Credit Rankings(TM) – Credit averages such as total debt, utilization, and late payments
- Equifax Fraud Index(TM) – Frequency of fraud by age, gender, income, and credit score
- Equifax Credit Report Control(TM) – Ability to lock and unlock your Equifax Credit Report
- Equifax Web Detect(TM) – Find out if your sensitive personal information is found on suspected Internet trading sites
- Alerts of key changes to your Equifax, Experian or TransUnion credit files (e.g. account balance increase/decrease, activity on dormant accounts, new account openings)
Download the free Equifax iApp from the Apple App Store here.