Barnes & Noble may have arrived at the eReader party late (compared to Amazon, Sony and Apple), but they are trying to make up for it today with the release of their new eReader for iPad app in the Apple App Store.
Now, this is not a universal app, meaning the idea is that it is specifically designed for the iPad and not meant to be cross-device and be utilized on an iPhone or iPod Touch (there is a separate app for those devices which you can get from the link here.).
By creating this iPad specific app, Barnes & Noble touts the following list of advanced features and functionality for all you eReaders out there:
- Free Merriam-Webster Pocket Dictionary built into the app
- Tap or swipe to turn pages
- Ability to create custom themes
- Background and text color options for easy reading in any light situation
- Multiple font types along with 10 different font sizes
- Barnes & Noble’s exclusive LendMe technology which allows you to share eBooks with friends who are also using the BN eReader or the NOOK eBook reader
The app is free in the Apple App Store and you can get it through the link here.