A new version of TweetDeck just hit the streets folks and it's a game changer.
A high-level listing of the new features includes:
- Google Buzz and Foursquare updates
- Ability to check-in with Foursquare
- View YouTube videos within the TweetDeck client and record and share videos using TwitVid
- Scheduled updates (status updates and Foursquare check-ins)
- Global filtering of tweets within your stream (helps reduce overall “information clutter”)
- Add networks that use a compatible Twitter API (WordPress, Tumblr, etc.)
According to ReadWriteWeb the Buzz integration lets users send updates to Buzz, view posts, like and comment on friends’ posts directly from a stand-alone buzz column found within the application. Users can also expand and collapse comments from within their column based system.
With Foursquare users can add their account to a column in TweetDeck and then view friends’ location-based updates and use embeddable Google Map capabilities to visualize friends locations.
If you want to geo-tag your posts that option has also been integrated for Tweets, Buzz and Foursquare updates.
Here are videos showing that new functionality
As of this post I have been able to update the Desktop client on Windows (haven't tried my Mac yet). FYI, this new functionality is not yet available in the iPad and iPhone versions, but I'd expect that to be forthcoming soon.