Which is the Best Anti-Theft App?
The modern smartphone, while convenient and potentially one of the most useful pieces of technology in your life, is in danger from several different threats throughout the course of each and every day. While viruses are a constant threat to your personal information and phone security, one of the biggest concerns you probably have is theft. What if your phone falls into the wrong hands? Your pictures, passwords, contacts, emails and other sensitive personal information might be extracted from your device and used against you, which adds even more burden to losing your phone.
While you might think an Android antivirus app only keeps you protected from online threats like malware, there are some options like AVG that have your back when it comes to theft as well. This antivirus download comes with a litany of anti-theft measures designed to make recovering your phone and protecting your information much easier and less stressful. Some of the AVG anti-theft services you will have on your side include:
- A link to Google Maps that will allow you to track your phone’s location.
- The ability to lock your phone no matter where you are, and to activate the phone’s ringer even if it is set to silent to increase your chances of finding it.
- Offers you the ability to wipe your phone’s SD card remotely so personal information ca not be accessed by thieves.
- The ability to lock your device if the thief attempts to replace the SIM card and claim your device as their own.
- A Camera Trap, a service which allows your phone to use the front facing camera to snap a picture of would-be intruders who fail to input the correct password into your device three times.
Each of these services make AVG the best anti-theft option for your phone, as well as the superior way to keep yourself protected from viruses and malware while you are going about your busy schedule. The free 30-day trial gives you access to a number of different features that the Pro version offers. AVG’s excellent track record in producing antivirus for desktop is what makes their reputation so valuable. But with smartphones becoming more and more integrated in our daily lives, AVG recognizes the need to shift some of their attention towards producing a top antivirus mobile application. Besides theft, are mobile devices are vulnerable to so many different threats, and the worst part is that you do not even know when your are being attacked. Everything from joining an unsecured network to clicking on a faulty Facebook link, is a way for a hacker to trick you and take control of your mobile device. Most people are not super educated about technology and how to protect their sensitive information, that is why AVG has made this super user friendly mobile application, and the best part, it is made available for free in the Google play store. I suggest you go ahead and try out the free 30-day trial and begin protecting your devices and more importantly your property.