Wizard World Sacramento! June 17 – 19
- Enjoy the Cosplayers -I have attended several comic conventions and though the Sacramento convention is smaller than say, San Diego’s event – the level of effort and the quality of the costumes was really impressive last year. I’d expect more of the same and remember to be polite when taking photos.
- Good deal! The event is a good entertainment deal for parents of young kids – with an paid adult admission, you can bring up to 2 children under 10. That’s not too bad and the kids really get a kick out of all the toys, games, and the awesome costumes. Go here to purchase from their site With four children of my own in this age range, the price is enticing for sure. Prices vary by day and/or you could buy a 3 day pass.
- Visit with The Winter Soldier – Sebastian Stan VIP Experience http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/sacramento/sebastianstan.html – ok, so this it not necessarily the bargain mentioned in #2 above, but this would be pretty cool. For $259.99 you get a list of various things including a 3 day VIP pass, a photo op with Mr. Stan, an autograph, an 8×10 photo, and a few other things – check the page for more.
- Photo Ops – you can purchase photo ops for several of the celebs attending the event – see image.
- Buy some cool stuff – Cosplay supplies, ninja swords, custom/commission art, various toys and of course comics should abound in the convention center. Get your geek on and go spend of that hard earned money. It’s Father’s day weekend, you deserve it (this is what I’m telling myself).
- Visit Panels and attend some free events. Check this page for more http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/sacramento/programming-sacramento.html