While there are many great areas of London that you can stay in when you come to visit, choosing a place near Victoria Station makes good sense for you. This will place you near to one of the large hubs of public transportation in the city so that you can easily get to anyplace you may want to go. Not only can you easily travel around the city but there are plenty of great things right in the area you can enjoy. Here are the top 10 things to do near Victoria Station hotel that you may want to check out:
- Buckingham Palace – The home to the Royal Family, Buckingham Palace is a place you will want to see on your visit to London. You can see the amazing grounds and take in the history of the area all less than a mile away from the hotel. Stick around for the Changing of the Guards.
- Westminster Abbey – One of the most famous churches in the world, Westminster Abbey holds a great deal of history all of its own. The architecture of the structure is simply amazing and walking in and around the church will allow you to see the interments and graves of some of the most famous people in history.
- Houses of Parliament – For those interested in government and history, the Houses of Parliament can be a great place to visit. The houses are located just under a mile from the hotels in the Victoria Station area so you can walk over.
- Big Ben – Another classic landmark that many people want to see, Big Ben and the building that houses it are a short walk away from the hotel as well. Seeing the structure at night can be a great photo opportunity for you.
- Hyde Park – A great place to spend some time outdoors in London, Hyde Park is one of the most beautiful areas of the city and has a great deal for you to do all on its own. Walk over to see Wellington’s Arch or just stroll through the park.
- Tate Britain – A visit to see the Tate museum can be a great way for you to spend several hours. You can see some of the best and finest pieces of art in the world today by artists past and present.
- London Eye – Take the time to go over and see the London Eye and take a ride for yourself. It will be something that you and your family will never forget.
- Tower of London – For a chance to see over 1,000 years of history and look at the Crown Jewels, go to the Tower of London and see what it has to offer.
- Madame Tussauds – Perhaps the most famous wax museum in the world, you can see famous figures from the past and present up close and personal.
- Trafalgar Square – Home to true pieces of culture, history and art, Trafalgar Square is truly an iconic place you need to see when you are in London.
o make the most of your trip, take a look at all of these places and choose one of the budget hotels in London Victoria like the Sidney Hotel so you can have easy access to all of these places and much more during your time in London.