Are you planning a trip to London sometime soon? London can be a fantastic place for you to take a vacation with friends or family. There is so much history in the city and so many things to do that just one trip may not even be enough time for you to see everything. That is why when many people travel to London they try to focus on one particular area of the city to visit. A popular place that you may want to consider is in Central London because it puts you near so many places. You may want to look to stay near Paddington Station for your trip. With so many places to see in that area, here are the top 5 things to do near Paddington Station that may convince you to stay in this part of the city.
- Hyde Park – Perhaps the best thing about staying close to Paddington station is that you can have very easy access to Hyde Park. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are both very quick walks from Paddington Station and they give you the chance to enjoy all of the beauty and splendor of the outdoors, with lots of great spots for picnics, enjoying outdoor entertainment or just take a casual stroll through the parks.
- Paddington Station – Paddington Station itself is a landmark all of its own that you may want to visit. One of the busiest transportation areas in the city, the station itself is quite grand and beautiful and holds a great deal of history. Children and adults alike that love trains will enjoy the enormity of the station and it is famous for being the focal point in the Paddington Bear classic books.
- Regents and Grand Canals – One of the real treats of the area is the chance to take a walk along the Regents and Grand Canals in this part of the city. The networks of canals that run along the Paddington Basin are very impressive and beautiful, allowing you to take a nice walk along the canals and see the little Venice area. Many people find it hard to believe that you can take a serene walk in a big city like London and see sights like this.
- Alexander Fleming Museum – Located in St. Mary’s Hospital, you can take the opportunity to see the humble beginnings of one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all-time. Visit the museum and see where Fleming discovered penicillin, look at the displays and videos and examine a recreation of his lab as it was in 1928.
- Trinity Arts Centre – If you want the opportunity to take in a show in the area, Trinity Arts Centre is just the place for you. The Centre is just a few minutes away from Paddington Station and plays home to great musicals, plays and musical acts all year long.
Naturally you can also get to many of the top attractions in London through the access you have at Paddington Station as well. You will want to make your travel plans and look at Paddington Hotel London as a place to stay so you can be right near some of the best parts of London.