The iRing is a “motion controller for music apps and more” by IK Multimedia. The hardware is essentially 2 hard plastic “rings” that you hold in your hands. The “rings” are not traditional rings that wrap around hour finger completely – they’re move of an hour glass shape with flat ends that fit nicely on just about any size hand.
The embedded video will illustrate the product and sample usage.
I’ve been a big fan of IK Multimedia products since I started reviewing them and I was excited to try out this new idea. I still really like the idea but the actual usage, combined with the software was not up to the level I expected. I’m hoping that over time and with some tuning of the software the experience will improve and make this another killer product.
- Entertaining and innovative idea
- Software fun to use to create beats/patterns
- Software integration with Audiobus
- Software works well with other IK Multimedia products/featuers
- Spotty ability to control associated software
- Bright light requirements