The 2014 North American International Auto Show will be held in just a few weeks, from January 13 to January 26 at the COBO Center in Detroit, Michigan.
Every year, this show allows vehicle manufacturers to show off their next generation of automobiles. The show also helps industry vendors sell wares like paint protection film, and gives industry professionals the chance to come together and discuss what is currently happening in the industry and what is expected to happen in the future. There are several expectations for the 2014 show that have the automotive world buzzing.
- Kia’s new sports car: Kia will be bringing a brand new sports car to the 2014 NAIAS. Kia has been tight-lipped about the details of the vehicle, however it is known that it is a 2+2 vehicle with highly unique looks. So far, Kia has only released some preliminary photographs of the vehicle
- Chevrolet’s new Corvette: it has been confirmed that the new 2015 Corvette Z06 will be unveiled at the 2014 NAIAS in Detroit. So far, Chevrolet has only released a single teaser image of the new vehicle. However, it is expected to have black multispoke wheels and an aggressive rocker panel treatment.
- The new Volvo XC Concept Coupe: Volvo’s new coupe has a similar look to the C30, which is no longer in production. Volvo has released a YouTube video that teases the new Concept XC Coupe. It appears to feature a more rugged approach than previous concepts, with a higher ride height and a hatchback roofline.
- The Society of Automotive Analysts Outlook Conference: this conference will unofficially begin the 2014 NAIAS starting on January 12. The conference addresses current and upcoming challenges and changes in the automotive industry. This year’s speakers include Toyota Motor N.A COO Jim Lentz, Reuters Deputy Editor-in-Chief Paul Ingrassia, and Wall Street Journal Detroit Bureau Chief Joe White.
- The announcement of this year’s North American Car and Truck of the Year: the finalists for Car of the Year are: the CTS from Cadillac, the Mazda 3, and the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. The Truck of the Year finalists are the Acura MDX, Jeep Cherokee, and Chevrolet’s Silverado. The winners will be announced at the show.
- A chance for manufacturers to display some of their most advanced technology to be placed on their vehicles. Things like paint protection film, new body materials, and sophisticated headlight and taillight designs are all commonly shown off at the NAIAS shows.
These are just some of the highlights expected at the Detroit auto show this year: there are plenty more exciting and dazzling revelations that will be coming from many different companies. Whether you are an industry professional that has attended the show for several years now or you are a car enthusiast making your first trip, the 2014 NAIAS will be a great experience. Keep an eye out for the vehicles by your favorite manufacturers and the accessories like paint protection film that you are interested in so that you can get the information you need to have a successful trip to this important show in the world of automobiles.
Robert Smithers is a car aficionado and an avid blogger. On the weekends when he is not spending time with his wife and two kids he can be found burning rubber at the local raceway. He also loves to attend both local and out of town car shows.