All of the different regions, climates and neighborhoods that we choose to live, work and play in have one thing in common, pests. There is a pest for every season, every climate and every homeowner; from the bed bug infestation in Upper West Side New York to cockroaches in Downtown Phoenix, bugs, do not discriminate. But when it comes to choosing a pest control company, you, as the consumer, can.
Here are the 5 top qualities to look for when you find yourself in need of pest control:
1. Tailor Made: Remember, when it comes to pests and a pesticide, one size does not fit all. You want a pest control company that is an expert on the pests in your area. Don’t think that every pest control company is the same; your home is unique and your needs are unique so you want to be treated uniquely. Look for a pest control representative that can talk to you specifically about the pests in your area. You want them to specifically prep your home to combat only the pests that you are actually in danger of; or if you are already dealing with an infestation have them display knowledge that they have experience in handling that specific species.
2. Repetitiveness: When you are dealing with an infestation, it usually takes more than one treatment to control the pests around your home and to keep them under control. Keep that in mind when you are looking at pest control prices and the prices of competitors. Companies that offer services monthly, every other month or quarterly are nice because their service prices are often discounted. Going with a monthly or quarterly service could save you money instead of paying for the same service on several different service calls.
3. Training: Well trained technicians are imperative; this point supports the one size does not fit all motto that we mentioned above. The more training a technician receives the more specific, accurate and custom-made treatment you will receive. Also make sure that the company that you choose to hire is certified and insured, which should be very obvious by just looking at the company’s homepage.
4. Preventive: Once pests decide to set up house in your home it is exponentially harder to get rid of them compared to preemptive control. If you have a neighbor who had a certain pest problem or have heard about an infestation in the area, keep your eyes and ears open and at the tiniest sign of trouble and take action.
5. Safety: The number one concern of all pest control companies should be the safety of you, your family and your pets. Though there are many treatments that need to be applied in the interior and in the exterior of a home, the interior treatment should only be conducted when necessary because most pests can be controlled from the treatment of the exterior. Pest Control technicians should also walk you, the homeowner, through all the precautionary measures that they undertake and that you and your household members should partake in to protect yourself against any harm.
Most people think all pest control companies are the same, but there are exceptions. Find a company that will treat your home as unique. Sure you have critters like your neighbours, but not exactly the same, so don’t take a “one size fits all” approach to your pest control. Click here to learn more about pest control services.
About the Author: Stephanie Drescher is a professional blogger for Younger Brothers Companies, the commercial contractor serving the building industry and homeowners since 1975 with quality service and superior value. Click here to see their services and friend them on Facebook.