Best waffles for independence day
[is-gateway name=”HicksNewMedia” id=”INFOtainmentNews”]The 4th of July is a proud day for the United States. It’s a day when we can celebrate our independence and really take pride in this beautiful country we live in. We generally mark this occasion in a number of different ways, and if you’re looking for a way to celebrate this great day, then we can help you.
The key for us is to do something truly American. After all, being American is what the 4th of July is all about. However, it doesn’t have to be a big grand gesture then enables you to mark this magnificent date; there are many small ways in which you can showcase your patriotism.
One possible way is through waffles. What could be more American than a plateful of expertly made waffles and a generous helping of syrup? Thomas Jefferson returned from France in 1789 and he brought back a waffle iron. Since that day, we Americans have loved waffles, and so, what better way to celebrate than by making the perfect American style waffle?
So if you want to mark Independence Day with a whole heap of waffles, you first need to grab these ingredients:
– 2 cups plain flour
– 4 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp white sugar
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
– 1 ½ cups warm milk
– 1/3 cup melted butter butter
So once you’ve got these ingredients in stock, follow our easy guide to turn these ingredients into delicious American style waffles:
1) Turn on your waffle iron.
2) Get yourself a big bowl and mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together
3) Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then stir in the milk, butter and vanilla extract
4) Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl containing the dry mixture and beat it until you’ve developed a smooth consistency
5) The batter can then be ladled into the waffle iron. Simply cook until the waffle looks done (golden and crispy)
6) Garnish with whatever you like; fruit, syrup, chocolate or candy
7) Repeat the process until everyone’s full!
8) Sing the national anthem
It’s as easy as that! Enjoy your 4th July and enjoy those waffles.