Olympic Fun Day – July 28, 2012 #LetsMoveDay
First Lady Michelle Obama is leading the U.S. Delegation to the 2012 Olympic Games and she’s calling on families around the country to support Team USA, not just by cheering on our athletes, but by getting active in their own communities.
Saturday, July 28th is the first day of the competition in London. We’re calling on families around the country to join us by participating in “Olympics-inspired” Meetups in your towns or neighborhoods.
Join your local Olympic Fun Day Meetup with family, friends and neighbors to play soccer, hold relay races, go for a bike ride–whatever gets you moving!
At your Let’s Move! Meetup, share photos and updates using the hashtag #LetsMoveDay. We’ll highlight activities happening across the country on LetsMove.gov, Twitter and Facebook.
Want to attend a Meetup in your area? Follow these steps:
- Go to the Let’s Move! Meetup page and click on your town below the map
- Click “RSVP” and select yes!
- Share the Meetup on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #LetsMoveDay
- Stay tuned for updates: Once you have RSVP’d, you’ll get updates from Let’s Move!
Want to organize a Meetup in your town? Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Let’s Move! Meetup site and click on your town below the map.
- Suggest a location for your Meetup: Find a local park, community center or another space that will fit for your Meetup
- Add the details: Let others know what to expect. Are you planning a hoola-hoop contest, a relay race or soccer game? See a list of more Meetup ideas and activities here, but feel free to get creative!
- Talk about the Meetup! Start a conversation on the Meetup page and get the word out in your community. Use your Facebook and Twitter to encourage others to join and plan their own Meetups.