WordPress Plugin: Storify
I’m a big curator of news. It doesn’t matter what the topic is; be it political, business, technology, sports, or whatever – taking advantage of the multiple streams of data across the Social InterWeb and organizing that information is what curation is all about.
There are a handful of resources out there for curation, but most of them only allow you to create a list and share it on a website or via email.
The beauty of Storify is that they allow digital publishers the ability to embed a curated list into a blog post – that’s huge !!
Earlier this month they released their WordPress plugin that makes it even easier to integrate curated stories into your blog posts.
The feature set is already awesome:
- Embed stories with ease — simply paste the URL to the story, and WordPress takes care of the rest.
- Easily add your stories to posts — just click the Storify button in the standard WordPress editor, and select from a list of your most recent stories.
- Create new stories and edit existing ones right from your WordPress dashboard.
- Adds SEO-friendly versions of your stories to each post, ensuring that your stories get properly index by search engines
- Allows users with filtered html restrictions to embed stories.
- Extensive API to customize the plugin’s functionality to meet your needs
Just imagine what’s next – maybe that iOS app I’ve been bugging them about 🙂
I highly recommend you checking out the Storify plugin. You can read more and download it in the WordPress Plugin Repository.
Follow Storify on Twitter
- @Storify – Awesome new tool helps you curate amazing content to show off your expertise [Georgina Lester] (ecademy.com)
- Embed & Storify (trytotakeover.wordpress.com)