For all you Harry Potter fans out there – LeakyCon Radio is soon launching on SiriusXM.
For a limited time, conveniently scheduled to launch right around the film’s release, there will be a channel dedicated to airing nonstop coverage of the world’s largest gathering of Harry Potter fans.
LeakyCon Radio will premiere Friday, July 15 at 6:00am ET and airs through Monday, July 18 at 3:00am ET on SiriusXM channel 141 and on SiriusXM Internet Radio.
The channel will be hosted by SiriusXM’s Paul Bachmann and Kenny Curtis and will be broadcast directly from LeakyCon 2011 in Orlando, Florida.
Background on LeakyCon
LeakyCon 2011 is a charity conference created and organized by the Harry Potter fan site LeakyNews.com. LeakyCon will be held from July 13-17, 2011 at the Royal Pacific Hotel in Orlando, Florida and will feature Harry Potter-related discussions, programs and events as well as a full track dedicated to non-HarryPotterchildren’s and young adult literature. LeakyCon 2011 will benefit several charities including The Harry Potter Alliance, Book Aid International and the This Star Won’t Go Out Foundation.
Now, for you iPhone and iPod Touch owners that are into LeakyCon – “there’s an app for that”
- Full scheduling information, with any updates downloaded as you open the app
- Push notifications to receive announcements
- Opportunities to give feedback on events that already have occured, the conference as a whole and the app itself
- Maps to help you find your way around the conference space
- Twitter integration to help you connect with other attendees and send tweets with the #LeakyCon hashtag added automatically