Become a Better Driver With State Farm iApp
State Farm recently launched a new mobile application, Driver Feedback, which turns a person’s cell phone into a pocket-sized driving coach. Sounds like an interestingly valuable tool for primarily for parents of new drivers.
The application, available for iPhone and iPod touch, provides users individual feedback about their driving habits and then offers tips on how people can drive more safely. The Driver Feedback app uses the device’s accelerometer to measure three essential driving behaviors:
How It Works
When activated, at the end of each trip, the driver is provided a score and a log of potentially dangerous driving activities. If the app detects especially risky driving behaviors it provides the driver tips for improvement.
Key features of the new Driver Feedback app include:
- The ability to record trips and receive feedback on driving performance
- A map illustrating where potentially dangerous activities occurred
- The ability for drivers to compare their scores, or track the progress of an individual driver
- A trip completion notification allowing a driver to send a text or email to someone when they safely complete their trip
- Multi-trip average scores (up to five) to track progress
This app is one in a series of mobile and online resources State Farm makes available to people interested in becoming a better driver and, per a statement from State Farm, all information gathered remains on the application and is not collected or used by State Farm.
Learn more at statefarm.com/mobile.
You can download this app in the iTunes App Store here.