Newer Technology, Inc., a leading developer of Macintosh, PC, iPod, iPhone, and iPad performance upgrades and accessories has just announced the availability of the NewerTech Seven Piece Toolkit for iPhone 4 to provide Do It Yourself servicing of the iPhone 4.
Featuring varying sized, non-marring case opening pry tools, a suction cup display puller, and a magnetized driver set to either access Apple’s proprietary TS1 ‘Pentalobe’ screws or the included replacement Phillips screws. For the price of $9.99 – this is a complete iPhone 4 service access solution.
The NewerTech Seven Piece Toolkit for iPhone 4 includes the following tools for easy DIY iPhone 4 servicing:
- 5-point magnetized driver to access Apple proprietary designed TS1 ‘Pentalobe’ screws.
- Phillips #00 magnetized screwdriver and two #00 Phillips Loctite® Threadlocker Blue applied screws for optional replacement of the factory ‘Pentalobe’ screws.
- Two non-marring nylon ‘spudger’ pry tools with wide and narrow tips.
- Suction cup/puller for scratch-free display removal.
- Flexible, slim plastic pick/pry tool.
- Pointed tweezers for careful handling of small cables and components.
Now, obviously, this isn’t for everyone. I don’t expect the normal consumer to go out and buy this toolkit and start tearing apart their iPhone. But for the service professional and those that do this sort of thing for a living – this should be a valuable tool.
The NewerTech Seven Piece Toolkit for iPhone 4 is available immediately from NewerTech’s exclusive distributor, Other World Computing.
Click here for more information.