Top 10 Ads From Super Bowl XLV
Los Angeles-based Ace Metrix, a company that measures the impact of creative advertising on television viewers, has announced that the ad, by Volkswagen of America, was the most effective of the 19 automotive commercials that were televised during the game.
The company, which uses criteria such as watchability, likeability, relevance, persuasiveness, ability to alter opinion or to create desire, and the actual messaging content to analyze ads, said it scored 603 on a scale of zero to 950.That was more than any other automotive ad, and 10 percent higher than the average Super Bowl ad, in terms of effectiveness, according to Ace Metrix.
In the past, advertisers have used a lot of humor in their ads, but Ace Metrix’s CEO, Peter Daboll, says this year’s “Made in America” theme was obviously effective. “The Super Bowl became the Auto Bowl,” said Daboll, a pioneer in predictive advertising response modeling. “VW’s ‘The force’ was a hit across all demographic groups, harnessing the right mix of likeability, watchability and cute.”
These were the Top 10 in terms of effectiveness, according to Ace Metrix:
1. Volkswagen Passat: The Force, 603 points
2. Chevrolet Volt: Discovery, 602 points
2. Chevy Camaro: Miss Evelyn, 602 points
4. Kia Optima, One Epic Ride, 595 points
5. BMW AG, Ch-Ch-Changes, 591 points
5. Chrysler Group LLC, Detroit, 591 points
5. Chevrolet Cruze, Misunderstanding, 591 points
8. Volkswagen Beetle, Black Beetle, 590 points
10. Chevy Silverado, Tommy, 582 points
Watch all the ads again and tell us if you agree with the official rankings.
The Less Than Favorite Ads
The Better Ads