TripAdvisor recently announced the winners of its 2011 Travelers’ Choice awards.
This year 676 establishments were recognized in the ninth year of the competition. Unlike any other hotel honors, TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice winners are based on millions of real and unbiased reviews and opinions from travelers around the world.
Properties received awards in the following categories:
Best Bargains, Best Luxury, Best for Romance, Best B&Bs and Inns, Best Relaxation and Spa, Trendiest, Best All-Inclusive, and Best Hotels in the U.S. and the World.
The average nightly rate for the entire list of Travelers’ Choice award winners is $283 and nearly one-third of the hotels have an average nightly rate of $150 or less per night. Average nightly rate for Best Bargains is $93; B&Bs and Inns $104; Best for Romance $400; Trendiest $237; Best Relaxation and Spa $427 and top 25 U.S. hotels is $299.
“Based on reviews from millions of travelers around the globe, TripAdvisor is able to recognize the world’s most outstanding hotels for the ninth year of the Travelers’ Choice Awards,” said Karen Drake, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor. “Outstanding service, great value and top quality are hallmarks of our Travelers’ Choice winners.”
Select 2011 Winners:
- Best Bargain in the World — SeaCoast Inn — Hyannis, Massachusetts
- Best Luxury (4&5 star hotels) in the World — Golden Well (U Zlate Studne) — Prague, Czech Republic
- Best Luxury in the U.S. — Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea — Wailea, Hawaii
- Best for Service in the World — Anastasis Apartments — Santorini, Greece
- Best B&B and Inn in the World — The Old Manse — Invermoriston, Scotland
- Best B&B in the U.S. — Sedona Views Bed and Breakfast — Sedona, Arizona
- Best for Romance in the World — Capella Ixtapa — Guerrero, Mexico
- Best for Romance in the U.S. — Spindrift Inn — Monterey, California
- Best All-Inclusive in the World — Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso — Playa Paraiso, Mexico
- Best Relaxation and Spa in the World — Adler Thermae Spa Resort — San Quirico d’Orcia, Italy
- Best Relaxation and Spa in the U.S. — Bardessono — Napa Valley, California
- Trendiest Hotel in the World — citizenM Amsterdam City — Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Trendiest Hotel in the U.S. — W Fort Lauderdale — Fort Lauderdale, Florida
You Stayed at any of these establishments ?