I’m becoming obsessed with this Sundance Film Festival – expect a few more posts as the week progresses. You would think that topic would be better suited for our INFOtainment News site, but these last two posts fit squarely in the realm of THE Tech Scoop. And obviously we have to share the link to the official Sundance Film Festival iApp that is now available in the Apple App Store (see below).
The Big Pony Fragrance Collection is making its digital debut at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival with a fragrant twist on sound, cinema and digital technology on the evening of January 21st at renowned Park City entertainment venue, Cisero’s.
The opening weekend celebration will showcase a short film shot by filmmaker and photographer Bruce Weber, as well as a live performance by OneRepublic, the pop rock sensation whose hit song “Secrets” serves as the soundtrack to the film.
The event will incorporate one-of-a- kind digital interactions across a multitude of platforms, giving attendees opportunities to engage and share their experiences in real-time with friends and other festival goers:
Upon arrival, guests will be welcomed through the official Twitter feed. Follow @BigPonyTeam for live Tweeting throughout the evening.
A digital photo booth complete with a vintage ski lift enables guests to immediately upload and share their photos with friends on Facebook and Twitter at a custom iPad station.
Facebook Places joins the team to award the first 25 attendees who check in using the location-based application with Big Pony Fragrance prizes.
Downloadable QR codes strategically placed throughout the event will unlock clues and content.
A Twitter Scavenger Hunt offers an opportunity to attend the VIP guest-list only event to other Sundance Festival goers. Clues will be shared via the @BigPonyTeam Twitter profile hinting to the location of Big Pony Fragrance bracelets hidden throughout Park City that will grant finders entrance into the exclusive event.
All I want to say is – I WANT TO GO !!!
Even those not at the Festival have a chance to interact with OneRepublic. Followers of @OneRepublic and @BigPonyTeam on Twitter have an opportunity to win a song dedication by lead singer Ryan Tedder. The dedication will be announced on the @BigPonyTeam and @OneRepublic Twitter profiles, as well as the Ralph Lauren and OneRepublic Facebook Fan Sites, giving the winner bragging rights to share with friends, and all fans an opportunity to experience the performance.
- Real-time on-the-go Festival film guide and screening schedule. Sort by Title, Category, Date, Location, or Director. Full view calendar planners work for film and events schedules.
- Original content feeds including exclusive short films from past Sundance Film Festivals, interviews with the 2011 filmmakers, Live@Sundance event videos, news articles, blog posts, and photography from the ground.
- History section covering films, jurors, awards, and trailers highlighting the Festival from 1985 to 2010.
- Social media integration with Facebook, Twitter (featuring special Guest Tweeters), YouTube, and photos.
- Visitor information on shuttles, venue locations, ticketing help, Festival tips, and more. Includes theatre and Off Screen event mapping.
You can download the $4.99 app from the Apple App Store here.
Buzz across the interweb