Allrecipes.com Launches iPad App
Allrecipes.com, a Reader’s Digest Association (RDA) brand, and the #1 food site has just released the “Allrecipes.com Your Kitchen Inspiration”.
The creators of the most downloaded recipe app in the iTunes app store, Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner, developed the iPad app with home cooks in mind, with the intent to allow app users to easily find and follow recipes at the tap of a finger.
With access to the Allrecipes community and its large collection of everyday recipes, reviews and photos from home cooks, Allrecipes.com Your Kitchen Inspiration is both a practical kitchen tool and a tech foodie wonderland.
“The Allrecipes.com Your Kitchen Inspiration iPad app is the perfect companion for any home cook, especially during the holiday season when cooking, baking and entertaining are at their peak,” said Lisa Sharples, president of Allrecipes. “We developed the app based on extensive research and user feedback, with the goal to leverage every feature the iPad’s unique technology has to offer. We looked at what made our iPhone apps a success, then built the app from the bottom up incorporating those features in a way that best fit the iPad environment.”
Allrecipes’ research confirms the hardest part of putting dinner on the table can be figuring out what to make, which is why the new “Inspire Me” feature provides cooks with inspiration through a variety of recipe photos that enter the iPad screen and can be customized based on recipe preferences. Users can select categories including course, method, ingredient, and time, and then choose a recipe photo that catches their eye. Upgrade to the PRO version of the app to browse recipes by type of cuisine or occasion. Once a recipe is chosen, “Cook Mode” guides the user through the cooking process with an interactive ingredient list, highlighted step-by-step directions, and kitchen timer.
Based on a study by Ball State University’s Center for Media Design, consumers who most enthusiastically embrace the iPad are those who find niches of use for it in their everyday lives. Many Allrecipes cooks claim the kitchen as their niche, and Allrecipes.com Your Kitchen Inspiration is the perfect tool for these home cooks to spice up their cooking with the advanced technology of an iPad coupled with the #1 food site’s new recipe app.
Allrecipes.com Your Kitchen Inspiration features the same desired utility, practicality and fun Allrecipes delivered with its Dinner Spinner iPhone app, which has received more than 4.8 million downloads worldwide. Allrecipes.com Your Kitchen Inspiration features include:
Free Version Features
- Specifically designed for the iPad interface, the Inspire Me section intuitively displays recipes and provides meal ideas and suggestions via appetizing food photos
- Browse the Inspire Me section by course, ingredient, cooking method and cooking time
- Advanced search for dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian, dairy-free, low-sodium, gluten-free and more
- Ingredient search to find recipes using food items you have on hand and exclude unwanted ingredients
- Saved search easily allows you to repeat past searches without resetting options
- Access to the entire Allrecipes.com recipe collection, including thousands of recipes, ratings, reviews, and photos from millions of home cooks in the Allrecipes community
- Cook Mode with interactive step-by-step highlighted directions, ingredient list, and kitchen timer
- Become immersed in the rich photo-centric experience throughout the app
- Each page designed to work seamlessly in both landscape and portrait views
- Enjoy a collection of top-rated seasonal recipes for each holiday in the Featured section
PRO Version Features – Includes all features in the free version and more
- Browse the Inspire Me section by occasion and cuisine type
- Sync to your online Allrecipes.com Recipe Box–save recipes and manage your Recipe Box with drag and drop organization
- Create and share shopping lists–lists are organized by grocery aisle and automatically aggregate ingredients when recipes are added and removed.
- Recipe serving sizes can be changed within Shopping List and your shopping list will update on the fly
Click here to get the free version of Allrecipes.com Your Kitchen Inspiration from the Apple App Store.
The PRO version is available through an in-app purchase.