If you’re a part of the Twitterverse you should know about oneforty – THE app store for Twitter. In my personal bias opinion anything that Laura Fitton (@Pistachio) touches turns to gold and this is an example of her genius.
Position: Social Media Marketing Intern at oneforty inc. in Cambridge, MA
oneforty is looking for a talented, independent, self-motivated social media marketing intern to join our funded startup.
We’re a small, ambitious team building a marketplace for Twitter applications. We’re looking for self-starters who get things done and are fired up about building a social web application. This position is paid, part-time and on-site in Central Square, Cambridge, MA (right above the Red Line stop on Mass Ave).
- Avid use of social media. Daily participation on Twitter and Facebook and a familiarity with apps like CoTweet, Hootsuite, or Tweetdeck is highly preferred
- Relevant communications, public relations, journalism or marketing coursework or experience
- Previous internship experience
- Outstanding writing skills
In this exciting role, you will play an integral part in assisting the community manager by creating content to build and engage the oneforty community. You will also have the opportunity to experience all aspects of marketing at a growing company, including:
- updating content and writing copy for our website
- monitoring the Twitter account
- assisting with public relations: tracking our news coverage and relevant industry news
- updating our social channels: Flickr, Facebook page, Twitter
Most importantly, writing blog posts, creating screencasts and YouTube videos for our users will be a critical piece of your contribution to our team.
In addition to emailing your resume and cover letter to this job posting, create a social media campaign that shows why you are qualified for this role. You should incorporate multiple social channels and visuals to show your ability to work in this space. Weirdness, vibrant personalities and exhibiting an ability to engage others through your application is strongly encouraged.
Remember, as a social media intern for the Twitter app store, it is important to drink our Kool-Aid and use Twitter apps as a part of your daily Twitter activity and in your application.
Sound like something you’re interested in? Follow this link here to apply.
Note: THE Tech Scoop is not affiliated or in anyway associated with oneforty – we’re just posting cool jobs that you, our readership, may be interested in.