I’ve mentioned before – Lebron James is marketing himself brilliantly!
Twitter and Facebook pages, endorsements of LebronJames.com by Bing, a 1 hour primetime television special on ESPN, hosted by commentators Stuart Scott, Michael Wilbon and Jon Berry.
Along with that, big time money is coming in from corporate sponsors itching to be part of the event; as stated on the website, two advertisers will be the co-presenters of the show, the University of Phoenix and the Bing search engine operated by Microsoft. There will also be two sponsors on a lower tier: Vitaminwater, sold by the Coca-Cola Company, and McDonald’s. Also, Sprite, also sold by Coca-Cola, and Nike, will make contributions to support the charitable elements of the program.
According to reports by The Media Decoder blog, “The sponsors were lined up not by ESPN, but rather by Mr. James and his marketing company, LRMR Marketing. ESPN gave the hour free to Mr. James and LRMR.”
According to Mr. Maverick Carter, the CEO of LRMR Marketing, Lebron will make his decision public during the television special scheduled to air live on Thursday, July 8, at 9 pm ET on ESPN.
Again Lebron - phenomenal marketing young man !!
Due to the unprecedented attention and interest surrounding LeBron’s decision, we have decided to make this announcement on national television. By doing so we have generated funds that will be given to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. LeBron has a longstanding commitment to giving back to the community, and has worked with the Boys and Girls Clubs in cities across the country.
The folks in Cleveland are not giving up hope, as a matter of fact the Cleveland.com website is running a support campaign allowing their readers to upload a photo or video making their personal plea to Lebron.
Here are the full specifics to show your support
- Take a photo showing your LeBron and Cleveland Cavaliers support.
- Make sure the file size of the photo is no more than 3 MB.
- Sign-in to your cleveland.com profile or get a new one here
- Start the upload process by going to this page: photos.cleveland.com/photogallery/upload.html
- Fill out all the form fields:
In the last line, choose the “Cavaliers” (you will have to scroll down slightly at the top to locate it.)
Image title: Briefly tell everyone what your photo is.
Caption: Your name, community, where the photo was taken and who is in it.
Tags: List the location, landmarks and other things relevant to your photos. Separate tags with commas (Cleveland, LeBron, Cavs, Lakewood).
- If you would like to add another image, hit “add another image”
- Hit the upload button to complete the process
- Check out your photo and the rest of your competition by going here
- Start the video upload process by signing in here. Once you sign in, here’s how to use the online upload form:
- Select your Primary Category: Please pick the Cavaliers category
|Please Don’t Leave LeBron!!!|
Who’s watching The Decision ?