Position: Software Engineer
Disqus is a web service that builds and connects communities through a networked comment system. Hundreds of thousands of websites rely on Disqus to power their discussions, and millions of people regularly use the comment system in discussions all over the web. Disqus is the leading comment system, reaching nearly 100 million unique people per month.
Disqus is a growing startup based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco. Disqus was founded in 2007 and is backed by investors Union Square Ventures and Y Combinator.
Disqus is hiring a passionate engineer to help develop across all features and components of the service. Disqus is one of the fastest growing web services today, reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month. Our networked comment system is used across hundreds of thousands of websites, from small blogs to large websites such as CNN.com.
We are looking for the right person to join our startup team, solve interesting technical challenges, and create fun, rewarding experiences for millions of users.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Fast-paced environment with the right balance of quick, iterative development versus more deliberate, smart architecting
- Design and implement features which will be used by millions of people on release
- Great communicator. Collaborate closely with the rest of the team on implementation steps and problem solving
- Expert with at least one programming languages, and very good with many others
- Know Python well and at least familiar with Django
- Great understanding of software design principles
- Very experienced with web application deployment and software design principles
Good Luck !!