What’s the best part of the Super Bowl? Be honest…it’s the commercials !!
Regardless of who’s playing and who you’re cheering for, hardly no one goes to the bathroom during both halftime and the commercials. It just is what it is.
This year the fine folks over at Doritos have a neat deal going for a few home video “producers”.
Doritos presents the “Crash the Super Bowl” contest, incorporating user generated videos and shelling out $5 million in prize money. Out of 4,000 entries, 6 finalists have been selected and the winning contestant’s video will air during the Super Bowl.
The finalists are:
- “Casket” by Erwin McManus of Whittier, CA
- “House Rules” Joelle De Jesus of Hollywood, CA
- “Kids These Days” by Nick Dimondi of Cary, NC
- “The Smackout” by Brendan Hayward of Santa Monica, CA
- “Snack Attack Samurai” by Ben Krueger of Minneapolis, MN
- “Underdog” by Joshua Svoboda of Raleigh, NC
You as the viewing public have the opportunity to make some of these folks dreams come true.
Online consumer voting will determine which three of the six finalists will air as Doritos’ Super Bowl commercials during the big game on February 7, 2010.
Fans in the U.S. can now vote for their favorite finalist once a day at www.crashthesuperbowl.com. Voting is open now until January 31, 2010.
Here’s a video montage of the 6 finalists.