Help For Haiti
Devastation and sadness are words that only barely describe the challenges facing the people of Haiti today.
In the aftermath of the massive earthquake that hit the country a worldwide humanitarian effort has unfolded to provide assistance.
Call To Action
“This is a watershed moment. It’s historic,” said Albe Angel, founder and CEO of Give On the Go, whose company is helping Haitian-born musician Wyclef Jean raise funds for his Yele Haiti Foundation. Users of mobile devices can make an instant donation of $5 to the charity by texting “Yele” to 501501. The charge later will appear on the donor’s telephone bill.
Other Means To Assist
- American Red Cross: Donations can be made via text messages. Text the word HAITI to the number 90999 to donate $10 to relief efforts. It’ll show up on your phone bill.
- UNICEF: Donations can be made at www.unicefusa.org/haitiquake or (800) 486-4233
- Mercy Corps: Haiti Earthquake Fund, P.O. Box 2669, Portland, OR 97208, www.mercycorps.org or (888) 256-1900
- Catholic Relief Services: www.crs.org
- Doctors Without Borders: Use a debit or credit card to donate at donate.doctorswithoutborders.org
- World Vision: The worldwide Christian nonprofit has been providing humanitarian services in Haiti for decades. Donate at worldvision.org or (866) 280-6587
- The Salvation Army: The Christian nonprofit has been operating in Haiti since 1950 with schools, medical facilities and economic development programs. Donate at salvationarmyusa.org or (800) 725-2769
If you have the means, PLEASE help