Questions are the most amazing things that we can come up with when we want to learn about someone else.
Dale Carnegie in his timeless bestselling book, “How to win friends and influence people” talks about the benefit of asking interesting questions to show that we are interested in connecting with someone else.
Have you been to a party and been the one asking all the questions and doing all the listening? If you have, you will most likely agree that the other person thought that the conversation was quite interesting. You probably did less that 20% of the speaking but you got 100% of the credit!
If you’re a guy and ask a lady some great questions, you will often find yourself leaping to final base, saving a lot of legwork trying to build rapport with her. Asking questions and really listening to what a person says is one of the most naturally flattering things you can do with anyone.
If you’re a woman and want to stroke a guy’s ego and make him feel super good and wanted, then just ask him lots of questions and then really listen to the answers. You will have the guy on a dangling string in seconds!
Despite the ego-stroking that can happen, if you ask and listen there is also a genuine side to the picture as well. Because the people who are genuinely interested in someone else and ask great questions are the people who are always popular and well liked. Faking interest is the worst thing you can do. And at the end of the day, if you are not a natural listener then put yourself to the test and practice. You will start to learn SO much about so many things and you will discover parts of people that are just SO interesting to learn about.
Here’s 21 questions to ask to get conversation rolling. They have been written from a female perspective, just switch them around if you are a guy and want to use them. If nothing else it will get you thinking about your own questions – which are always better.
Here are 21 questions to ask a guy or a girl
- If you’re a waiter and a customer was super rude, would you spill food accidentally on them or think about doing this?
- What was your favorite cartoon character as a kid and why did you enjoy them?
- If you could choose to have dinner with 5 people (real of fictional) who would you invite and why?
- If in an instant you could become an invisible man, where would you go and what would you do?
- If someone made a funny comedy movie about your life, which part of the story would be the funniest and why?
- What was your fondest television character when you were a young child? What was it that you liked about them?
- What do you regret the most in your life?
- What’s the most funniest experience you have had in your entire life?
- Have you ever had a date with a person that is much fatter or slimmer than you and when you saw them for the first time what did you think?
- How old were you when you had your first proper date and did you kiss them?
- What’s the worst lie you’ve ever told in your life? Where you caught out?
- If you instantly turned into a woman for a day, how would you spend that day?
- When you meet someone for the first time and you do not like them what would you normally do?
- What’s the highest priority for you when considering a partner – good looks, intelligence, sense of humor, or something else?
- Have you ever been caught with your pants down in a public place – if so what were you doing?
- What’s the difference between having sex and making love for you and which do you prefer?
- If you could change the age that you lost your virginity, would you?
- What’s your biggest sexual ‘turn-ons’ and ‘turn-offs’?
- Have you ever cheated on your partner? Did they ever find out? If so, what happened?
- Have you ever been caught touching yourself sexually? If you did, how old where you and who caught you?
- Have you ever been to an orgy with more than two other people? If so did you have sex or just watch?