The Australian state of Queensland has advertised for an “Island Caretaker”.
It’s a six-month, live-in contract with flexible working hours that requires the successful applicant to explore the islands of the world-famous Great Barrier Reef, discovering more about it and then editing a promotional blog that will promote it to an international audience.
It pays the equivalent of US$100,000, and is described as “The Best Job In the World”.
Successful applicants will have:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Good written and verbal English skills
- An adventurous attitude
- A willingness to try new things
- A passion for the outdoors
- Good swimming skills and enthusiasm for snorkeling and/or diving
- Ability to engage with others
- At least one year’s relevant experience
Applicants need to create a one-minute video application explaining why they’re the best person for the job and demonstrating knowledge of the Islands of the Great Barrier Reef, and then fill in the application form.
The top candidates will be chosen by Tourism Queensland, then a “wildcard” candidate will also be selected to move forward with interviews.
Check out the specifics here.